Saturday 11 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 3

I realised this morning that I had been thinking that I needed to be productive this lockdown. Last time I let myself relax and take things easy last time, didn't push myself, but this time I should use the time efficiently and get a heap of things done. I was already starting to feel the pressure of that and luckily I was able to have a rethink.

There are some things I'd like to achieve over the next 6 weeks - writing every day, staying fit, selling some photos, sorting out some more areas of the house - and these were things I was planning to do anyway, before the lockdown was announced. It's important though that I take care of myself and help the kids get through this as emotionally healthily as they can. If that's all I manage over the next couple of months, that's ok. If I get more done, that's great. I really want to take each day one at a time, spend time doing things that I love, play with the kids, play the piano, go for walks - they are my priority. I also find that if I do focus on those things, I become more productive overall anyway.

I ended up having a fairly relaxing, though busy, day. Lots of time in the kitchen - I made yoghurt, helped Caitlin with making kombucha, made chicken stock, started some lemon cordial, and made lemon chicken for dinner. In between there was time outside, piano playing, a long walk in Yarra Glen after dropping Caitlin at work - the river is really high at the moment, and I walked along the new boardwalk next it, which I hadn't done before. The wattle trees are just starting to bloom, it was really pretty.

I'm heading off to bed soon to read my book, looking forward to another day at home tomorrow to potter around and do whatever springs to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment