Thursday 16 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 8

I'm obviously becoming a bit immune to the news. 317 cases overnight - I know that's a huge number, but it doesn't upset or shock me like previous record numbers have. If it stays at that level for more than a few more days though then I'll be worried (not that I'm not worried now, but I'm hoping that this is just catching those people who were infected around the time the lockdown started, and that soon we'll start to see the results of isolation. Assuming that enough people have actually been doing what they should be and staying at home when they can. There were a lot more masks worn in Yarra Glen today - the first 4 people I saw in the IGA had masks on, and I've probably only seen 4 there at all over the past several months.)

I stayed in my slump overnight - slept badly and woke with a bad headache, and just felt really low. I slept until after 8 which is really unusual for me, although is happening sometimes now if I am awake a lot during the night. I didn't do much in the morning apart from a long, hot shower which helped a little with my headache. I took Caitlin back to the nurse to have her hand checked and dressed again - there's a little bit of blistering and swelling but on the whole it looks pretty good. We did a really quick grocery shop, then came home so I could have my counselling appointment over Zoom. It was  a good session and helped me to feel calmer about a few things and gave me some ideas for how to improve some stuff that's been bothering me.

I watched Gilmore Girls with the girls and played on my phone for a while, then we went for a walk. The girls just went around the dam then headed home, I went across the creek and way down the back and chatted to a friend as I walked. It was a mild afternoon and the late afternoon sun made the clouds quite pretty. I felt a lot better by the time I got back - my mood had lifted and my headache not so overwhelming. I did a bit of work on the driveway, chatted with Tony and did some proofreading while Caitlin cooked nachos for dinner. I did the dishes then played Unocorns (a Unicorn themed version of Uno) with Amelie. I watched Liam play Get Over It for a while - he makes it looks so easy! He showed me a video of someone doing a speed run through the game - it looked amazing! It was nice to hang with Liam for a bit - he's quite nocturnal at the moment so some days we don't cross paths much. I'm feeling really tired now though quite happy so it's a nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment