Saturday 18 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 10

217 cases overnight. That's better news than the last few days. I know that it doesn't mean that things are definitely better, or that things are trending downwards - but it does give me hope again. It's possible that things could improve.

Had a very low key, quiet day today. Lots of Gilmore Girls and playing on my phone, some writing, chatting to Liam, trying to stay warm - it was a cold day. In the afternoon I went out to Tony's work to help him collect wood that he'd been chopping, I hadn't been way up the back on the hill before - fantastic views of the valley in several directions, and a really fun place to walk through. Lots of little trees that are less than 11 years old - that area was burnt on Black Saturday. Lots of big old trees with fire scars too. I took Luna with me and we had a walk on the hill after loading the ute with wood.

I took Caitlin to work then had a wonderfully long chat on the phone with a friend, now settling in for more quiet evening time, and planning a similarly quiet day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment