Thursday 23 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 15

Today was better. Numbers were slightly down - although still over 400 so it seems that my standards are slipping. First day of compulsory mask wearing - from what I hear most people did wear them.

I slept really badly and didn't wake up until 8.30. I had a 9.30 zoom training session with The Compound - a strength session which I was really nervous about since I haven't done any strenuous exercise for what seems like months now. It was a great session, Clem is an excellent trainer and was able to tailor it to my lack of condition. I really enjoyed it although it was really hard. Afterwards I could barely move my arms and legs - I spent a couple of hours sitting on the floor chatting to the kids and playing games.

In the afternoon I got a bit of tidying done and had an unexpected visit from a friend (who stood outside the kitchen window so we could talk without getting close). We watched High School Musical 2, some of Rise of Skywalker (Disney+ doesn't always like our internet connection so that's another movie we've added to our 'come back to finish later when the internet is working better' list), and more Gilmore Girls.  I went for a walk with Amelie late in the afternoon. Just as we got home there was a bit of sunset light reflected on the dam - gorgeous! Tony went to Chirnside Park to pick up Amelie's phone but the shop was closed - very disappointing. Amelie took it very well. Tony brought home Indian for tea, delicious as always. I did a bit of reading, writing, playing with my photos and some researching after dinner which was quite productive - I had been stressed lately because I felt like I should be doing more work on my website and today I'd decided not to do any - after most of a day off I felt happily like doing some and it was really enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment