Tuesday 28 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Days 19 and 20

Yesterday I was pretty low. I was still feeling really sick and seemed to be getting worse. The number of infections was higher than any other day so far. I didn't really get out of bed and was feeling pretty miserable.

I had a great chat to a friend who encouraged me to make a telehealth appointment with my doctor, which was a great idea. Caitlin and I watched a low-quality teen movie on Netflix (The Kissing Booth) and then some Gilmore Girls - Amelie joined us for that as well. We all lay in my bed and watched and it was a really beautiful way to spend the afternoon. I had my Drs appt and she prescribed some tranexamic acid which Tony was able to pick up on his way home. He cooked me steak for dinner which was delicious and exactly what I needed. In the evening we watched Australian Ninja Warrior, another exciting night of viewing.

Today was better. Numbers were down a bit, although still persistently high. My mood was much improved even though I still feel pretty weak. The drugs seem to be helping. I spent the day mainly in bed, doing some reading and research and playing games, and had a Zoom meeting with my Yarra Glen group - had a really great chat with 3 of my homeschooling friends. I went outside a couple of times today, hadn't done that for a few days and it was lovely. Discovered a chicken that Luna had chased, hiding under some pallettes, so reunited her with her flock. The girls and I watched a little more Gilmore Girls before another episode of Australian Ninja Warrior - our favourite coach, Twitch Ninja, was on tonight and it was very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment