Saturday 25 July 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 16

A good day today. 300 cases which is trending in the right direction. Caitlin and I got our test results back and we are both negative - thought that would be the case but it’s still a huge relief.

I was up early (before 6) which is my favourite way to start the day. I spent the morning on the computer and doing the dishes, working on the yard, chatting with the kids. Caitlin did some more sewing (she’s making a giraffe). Amelie was feeling out of sorts, she Skyped with a friend then Liam and her friend’s brothers joined in and they all played Werewolf.

I made a picnic lunch for myself (after feeding the kids) and went across the creek to my favourite spot where I sat and drank tea and read my book and ate my food. It was a wonderfully relaxing way to spend an hour. I took lots of photos too. I nearly let the neighbour next to the back of the property - she just waved to me from a distance.

I did some work on my photos then had a beer with Tony while he got the pizza oven going, and we sat outside near the fire, while Amelie jumped on the trampoline in the dark. After dinner Liam, Caitlin and I watched Point Break (I’m on a bit of a Keanu binge) - it was WAY more violent than I remembered- there were bits of it I couldn’t watch. We enjoyed most of it though and I’m glad the kids have seen it. More Gilmore Girls afterwards and Caitlin brushed them straightened my hair - it made for a late night but so relaxing that it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment