Monday 31 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 54

 A good day today. New cases in the 70s (I remember how horrible it felt the first time we had over 70 new cases in a day - now that number feels like good news). A lot of deaths reported today, but apparently most of them occurred in recent weeks and have taken time to go through the reporting process. I am feeling incredibly sad each day though when I think of the families of those who have died.

I started my day watching the Tour de France highlights with Tony, then had a shower to rinse the dye out of my hair, and I'm very happy with my new purple look. Amelie and Caitlin both spent time brushing and styling my hair today, it was very luxuriant for me. I got bits and pieces of tidying down, talked to Mum and Dad on the phone (so glad I saw them last week), went for a long walk by myself (with Luna), cooked an apple and jam cake. The girls watched more Saddle Club, and some Dan and Phil. We played a bit of Among Us, although I was a bit vague today and didn't do very well. I had sore forearms and couldn't figure out why, then remembered I started trying pull-ups again over the past few days. I'm still a long way off but haven't completely lost my progress, I can pull myself up a tiny bit so hoping to keep working on that every day. I had my new backup drive delivered today so I can finally back up my MacBook and then start using my external drive for my photos. The girls went for a walk in the late afternoon while Tony split some wood. Amelie spent time on the trampoline, Liam played games with friends online. Caitlin cooked dinner and watched The Block, Tony and I watched some game shows on SBS. I'm ending the day watching the Tour de France.

No comments:

Post a Comment