Friday 21 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 44

Feeling very tired tonight even though I had a fairly relaxing day. I was up early (it poured rain around 5.30am and I think that woke me up) so had a relaxing morning, did a bit of work outside, came back in and chatted to Liam and Amelie. Liam and I had a long talk about early 20th century Russian history - one of my favourite time periods, with lots of people who really intrigue me. He'd been watching some videos about it so it was interesting to compare stories about what we knew. 

Liam and I then played Othello - he very nearly beat me, I only won by 2 tiles. Closest game I've played in a very long time. He went for a bike ride and I tidied up some more. He bought himself a new computer game (Fall Guy) and spent a lot of the rest of the day exploring that. I did some work on my course and with my photos, chatted briefly to a friend who popped by to drop off some supplies, went for a walk before it got too wet - it was cold and it did sprinkle on me a bit, but I had time for a long, slow walk around most of the property, and talked to Mum on the phone for about half of it. I got the washing off the line when I got back home, and just as I brought it inside we had a sudden heavy downpour that turned to hail. The wind was icy all day and we were very grateful for the fire.

The girls continued watching The Dragon Prince and I made a citrus cheesecake. I had a long hot bath while I read my book and drank some of my caramel brownie tea. Tony stayed back at work for a while organising firewood, and picked up pizza and pasta on his way home, then headed to bed for an early night. I watched the end of Season 3 of The Dragon Prince with the girls - there's obviously another season coming, so we're all looking forward to that.

Numbers are the lowest today they've been since we went to Stage 3. A sense of relief every day as they go down - I really really hope it's because there are fewer new cases, and not that people are just not getting tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment