Friday 7 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 30

I didn't even look at the numbers today - I'm having a week or so off reading the news, feels like a break would be good for my mental and emotional health. The only news I heard today is that the school I did Yrs 11 and 12 at (in Newcastle) has also closed due to a positive case.

I felt a lot better again today, could pretty much operate as normal. I had a few rests after doing stuff in the garden or around the house, and I couldn't walk as fast as I usually do on my walk with Caitlin, but otherwise felt great. I'm just about ready to start doing pull-ups again. Well, not doing them as such, but working towards doing a pull-up. 

Amelie and I played Guess Who this morning, and Caitlin and I had a go of it later as well. Liam bought Skyrim on his computer last night so we had lots of chats about how it was to play on the different platform and how much he was enjoying it. He and Caitlin played Call of Duty and Halo for a while. Amelie spent a lot of time on the trampoline and talking to a friend on the phone. I hung out in my room for a while doing number puzzles, very relaxing, then I wrote a poem and posted it on my Facebook page - the first time I've shared a poem with others since I was in primary school I think - scary and exciting. Tony came home late for a Friday because he chopped wood at work before heading home - he'll pick it up in the trailer after work next Friday, rather than making a special trip on the weekend like he usually does. He brought home takeaway pizza and had picked up the mail - which included my first tea subscription box from T2 - I have been SO looking forward to it. I got French Earl Grey, Apricot Jam Rooibos, a sleepy time tea and a Darjeeling. They all smell so great and I'm drinking (and loving) the apricot one right now. Earlier in the evening I had a zoom call with an old friend - I haven't seen her in years (we live on opposite sides of Melbourne and are both busy with kids and life, and have talked about catching up and just not managed it) - it was SO SO wonderful to talk to her and we're planning to do it again soon. We had a beer together and filled each other in on big family news and just enjoyed hanging out.

Here's my poem:


Lockdown Days


Lockdown.

Each day much

The same

As the one before.

'What day is

It, anyway?'

The same activities

To pass the time.

Check the numbers,

Play a game.

Look at Facebook,

Hang the clothes.

Watch a movie,

Go for a walk.

A long walk.

Take as much time

As we can.

Then suddenly -

It's evening!

Where did the day go?

What about all

The very important
Things

I was going to do?

 

Oh well.

They'll be there

To do tomorrow.

Or the next day.

Or the one after that.


As the days pass

Quickly and slowly

And begin

To blend

Into one.

 

 

Annie-Lou Regan 7/8/2020


No comments:

Post a Comment