Sunday 30 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 53

 It was a blustery day again today - mainly sunny although it got quite grey in the late afternoon. Just as the sun set the sky became completely orange, with bursts of sunshine over the vines, and 2 full rainbows in the sky to the east. 

In the morning the kids and I played Among Us, an online game, on our phones - I was reluctant at first but it was really fun and we played several rounds. The kids each tried one of their hot chocolate spoons and were quite happy with the results. I gave Caitlin a manual driving lesson in Dad's car - she got the hang of the clutch pretty quickly and got better at only accelerating as much as she needed to. After lunch Caitlin brushed my hair and then we spent a good part of the afternoon dying it purple - we listened to music and chatted while she put the dye in my hair and it was relaxing and fun. I went for a late afternoon walk and got rained on a tiny bit. A couple of big branches down around the dam. Amelie had a bit of a jump on the trampoline and the other 2 went for a bike ride. Tony watched the Collingwood game, then Caitlin cooked nachos for dinner. I worked on my photos and my course, and the girls watched the Block. I finally got around to making yoghurt (it's been on my to do list for over a week). 

Over 100 cases again today - word is that it's still too high to start talking about rolling the restrictions back. We've still got 2 weeks of Stage 4, at least, so I guess we just keep doing what we're doing... Unless you're flouting the restrictions, then you probably should stop doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment