Tuesday 25 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 48

 I woke with a spectacular headache so started the day with a long hot shower and then felt a bit better. I went about my usual morning routine but after working outside for a while I felt exhausted and just needed to sit. I'd promised to make waffles for Amelie, so Liam offered to make them, and I just supervised (he'd never really worked through a recipe on his own before to cook something, he did a great job and the waffles were delicious). I tried to have a nap but was too restless - lying down for a while helped though and I was able to get up and feel a bit more normal. Liam spent more time trying to figure out how to livestream his games and Amelie posted a video to her YouTube channel.

In the afternoon I had my fortnightly Zoom chat with the Yarra Glen Homeschool Group - there were 5 of us today and as usual it was a relaxing and enjoyable chat. As soon as it finished I headed down to Healesville to get our milk - it was incredible to see how much water was on the fields - it was like a lake over around the Maroondah Highway, and in the low areas of the Abbey's property. I popped into Coles (first time since Stage 4 started and it felt crowded and not where I wanted to be) to get a few things that we're low on but can't get at Aldi, then did the rest of our weekly shop at Aldi. I ran into 2 people I knew in there - another mum from Guides, and a good friend from Healesville, who I'd just been talking to on the Zoom chat!

When I got home Caitlin had just made scones (yummy!) and the girls were finishing The Sound of Music. I had a beer and a phone chat with a friend, we ate soup and watched The Block (Amelie watched YouTube and Liam was playing and chatting with a friend on his computer) then I had a long talk to my sister on the phone which was a lovely way to end a fairly social day.

No comments:

Post a Comment