Sunday 6 September 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 60

 The most important thing about today (even bigger than Fathers Day) was the announcement of the roadmap out of restrictions. I was very keen to see what the plan was, even though I wasn't expecting much to change in the near future. It does seem like a well-considered plan and it is contingent on numbers dropping significantly - I really really do hope that enough people will abide by the guidelines and we can well and truly get the virus suppressed enough so that we can ease restrictions and start to see people again. In the short term nothing really changes for us, we still can't have people over or go outside our 5km zone. In a week though we are allowed to be with one other person in a public place. We realised that our 5km zone overlaps with one of the kids' (and my) friend's 5km zone - so we might be able to meet up with them somewhere in the overlapping part and go for a walk or something. Otherwise, not much will change for us really until the 3rd step around October 26th. Caitlin is disappointed that she won't be able to have anyone here for her 16th birthday, and I'm feeling the pain of not being able to see friends for another 7 weeks - but the plan makes sense and I agree it is the right way to go, slowly and steadily, and really try to get this under control.

We had a busy and fun day despite spending so much time thinking and talking about the roadmap. I was up early (woke at 5.30, which is my favourite time to wake) and had a few hours up by myself, mainly on the computer - I also saw the sunrise on a beautifully clear, crisp morning. Once the others started to get up I had breakfast and started cooking lasagne for Fathers Day lunch - a meat one and a vegie one. Mid morning I cooked bacon and eggs for Tony and made him a coffee, and we took him breakfast in bed and gave him his Fathers Day presents. Liam gave him a bottle cap darts game, and the girls made him a movie trailer about their quest to find him a gift - it was awesome! - and gave him chocolates from the chocolate factory. We all hung about in the bedroom for a while, the kids helped me clear off the top of my cupboard and we sorted through some clothes, all while chatting and hanging out.

I did dishes and finished making the lasagne while watching the press conference, and popping in and out to discuss points with Tony. We ate our lunch around 2 - the lasagnes turned out well. Tony and I went for a walk, he headed back after a while and I continued on a longer one - it was a warmish sunny day (although the wind was a bit cold) and I marvelled at how much the ground has dried out, given how muddy it was not that long ago. Caitlin had another driving lesson in the manual car - she's getting quite good, did her first hill start, and did a 3-point turn on a hill as well. I had a shower then did some work on my photos, Tony played chess with Liam, then watched some football. I chatted to my Dad for a while, he's doing well. We ordered Indian takeaway for dinner which was delicious, and afterwards headed off to do our own things (more photo work for me, online games with friends for Liam, drawing using her new app for Amelie, talking to a friend for Caitlin and football then Tour de France for Tony). Tony and I walked out the front together to put the bins out - it's a clear, still night and we got a great view of all the stars. It was weird being out at the road and no cars coming past - it was significantly less busy than a usual Sunday night (it's the first time since curfew started that I've put the bins out, so I hadn't noticed before). Everyone seems to be in a good mood this evening, and Tony said it was his best Fathers Day.

Another important thing - my COVID test came back negative. Caitlin still doesn't have her result.

No comments:

Post a Comment