Sunday 27 September 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 81

 An exciting day today as the next step of easing restrictions were announced. I spent the morning pottering around the house and yard, waiting for the press conference at 12.30, then watched that intently for the next hour and a half or so.

So the changes are - from tomorrow there will be no curfew. Groups of 5 people, from 2 households, can gather in public places. The restriction of only 1 person per household per day, in one outing, going shopping has been lifted. Childcare is open and schools will start to go back after the holidays. Those last 2 don't impact us so much (although the childcare changes might mean we can look after Liam's friend if necessary) and the curfew makes little difference, but the other 2 changes will give us a bit more flexibility, so that's good. We're also on track to have more restrictions lifted in 3 weeks rather than 4 - I feel like I can survive 3 more weeks.

I actually woke up looking forward to the day, it's been over a week since I felt like that. It was cold again but sunny for most of the day. After the press conference I did yoga with Caitlin - it was dry enough to do it outside again today, we had been doing it in the kitchen (the best place to fit both our mats). It's so beautiful sitting or lying and looking at the mountains and the trees and the vines, I love doing our practice in the yard. I attended an online tupperware party in the afternoon, we watched a cooking demonstration and then I had a browse of the catalogue, I'll probably buy a new things. There was still time afterwards to go for a long walk - Caitlin had already been, so I went alone and listened to my audio book. It was a gorgeous time to walk, the new vines look amazing, and I felt very peaceful and at ease. The yoga is making a difference too, my hips are much more flexible and walking feels easier. Luna walked off lead with me for most of the way, then was enticed by the rabbits and took off on her own. She didn't come back quickly so Caitlin had a driving lesson and we went to find her. While we were setting off the helicopter flew in - there's frost forecast for tomorrow morning. After a bit of searching and calling Luna came to us, wet and cold and probably terrified by the helicopter. She's currently curled up in front of the fire trying to dry off. 

I had a new beer tonight - a Bonehead Brewing Choc Vanilla Porter. It was delicious - kind of like drinking an iced chocolate, with a beery texture. Caitlin watched the Block, we ate a delicious roast beef dinner, then Caitlin and I went out to cover her tomato plants before the frost - it is SO cold out there already, a very crisp, clear night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment