Thursday 10 September 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 64

 I had trouble getting motivated to do anything today. It was cold in the morning but I was still able to sit outside to write which was lovely (it didn't drop low enough for frost overnight so the helicopter didn't go up, although I heard it leave around 7am (it woke me up)). After breakfast I was trying get enthused to do something, Caitlin suggested yoga - I didn't really feel like it but do want to do some every day, so I went outside with the girls and we did another session which was lovely. It was warmer by then and quite pleasant to be out in the sun. I stayed outside afterwards, hanging the washing and working with the compost, then took some photos of the new growth on the oak trees and fruit trees. I felt pretty happy while I was taking photos. I still didn't feel like doing much else so I lay on the trampoline and listened to the end of my audio book (The Wheel of Time (Book 1)). I rang a friend and we chatted for a while, and he helped me sort out some problems I was having with my internet. 

Caitlin and I popped into Yarra Glen to the Post Office and IGA (Caitlin wanted more hair dye). We both got some parcels which was exciting (mine was some thermomix accessories). I did some tidying then rang another friend, said happy birthday to her son, and chatted to her while I worked on cleaning out my cupboard a bit more. After the call I convinced Amelie to look through a couple of boxes of clothes that I'd been keeping for her, she picked out the ones she wants now or kept for when she's a bit bigger, and I was able to put aside about a box's worth that can go to op shop or other people when we're able to do that. The girls were watching YouTube videos while we sorted the clothes - a channel where they combine makeup to make new colours and styles, it was pretty cool. Late in the afternoon the girls and I went for a walk - it was so warm and sunny and a beautiful time to be walking. The girls climbed up on the end posts of a couple of the rows of vines (in some places the end posts are lower - Amelie fell and landed on the wire between the poles, so has some nasty bruising on her side. We kept walking out to Houghtons Lane, then Caitlin got a phone call and kept walking while Amelie and I came back home. I sorted out more clothes and talked on the phone again to the friend I'd spoken to in the morning. Tony cooked a great pasta dish with beans for dinner. After eating Amelie and I went out to look the clear night sky - the International Space Station didn't quite come above the horizon tonight so we missed that, but we did see Jupiter and Saturn, Virgo, Scorpio, and lots of cool stars. Liam and I had a game of Othello - he's getting better but still hasn't won a game against me. Tony and I watched more Tour de France, Caitlin is dying her hair while Facetiming with a friend who is also dying her hair (and I got to say hi to her Mum which was very cool - I love video calls!)

Numbers back in the 50s today, signs are promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment