Monday 10 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 33

 Number of new cases going down, number of deaths going up. There's a whole confusion of emotions every time that happens. It's heartbreaking to think of the families of those people who have died, and I hope that the upward trend o deaths starts to change very soon.

Today I had energy all day, I didn't have to sit down and rest at all (although I made sure I stopped to eat and drink and chat rather than just be on the go all day). Liam and I played cards (Burn) in the morning - we were going to sit outside while I had my cup of tea because it was a beautiful sunny morning, but by the time my tea was ready it was foggy so we stayed inside. The fog didn't stop Amelie though, she was out on the trampoline in fog and sunshine. I got quite a bit done in the yard, the kitchen and my bedroom, catching up on some tidying up that I haven't felt up to for a while. I talked to Mum on the phone and reassured her that we can help with Dad's care if needed - taking him to appointments, picking up medication, talking on the phone, whatever will help. It's really hard for her to be caring for him without any practical support, I wish I could do more but it's a tricky, difficult time to be sick.

I had a lot of fun mounting one of my photos on mat board for a friend, and put together the rest of a care package for her, and a birthday present for my niece. Physically working with my photos for the first time in many many years was enjoyable and easier than I thought it would, and it brought back a lot of memories. I chatted with a friend on the phone and then went to Yarra Glen to post the gifts. I popped in to the the chemist and IGA while I was there - it was busier than I expected it to be, maybe I hit the coming home from work crowd (it wasn't crowded, but it felt more like a regular Monday afternoon (4.30pm ish) than I thought it would. Caitlin and I went for a walk once I was home - we got back after sunset, and there were some gorgeous views on a very clear evening as the sun went down.

I cooked a gnocchi vegetable bake for dinner then we all watched the Grand Final of Ninja Warrior (while Facetiming some friends who were also watching). There was lots of screaming at the TV and lots of nerves - one of our favourite ninjas (Ben Polson) completed the course and won the series - very very cool 

No comments:

Post a Comment