Wednesday 5 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 28

Numbers were bad again today. Record number of cases and deaths in Victoria (725 and 15 respectively). The word is that it might get worse before it gets better. I know that it could take a while for each lot of new restrictions to have an impact. But numbers like that are hard to sit comfortably with.

Tony has his permit for work and there's a few changes in his workplace so that everyone has less contact with people. Caitlin and I have started taking our masks with us when we walk on the property, in case we have to talk to one of the vineyard guys (we'd mainly been walking after they left so it didn't matter, but we're walking in between the rain this week so it's been during working hours mainly.)

I had another good day today, even though I got tired easily and needed lots of rests. I played Kaboom with Amelie, had a great walk with Caitlin, chatted with Liam about the games he's been playing (mainly Getting Over It), watched Gilmore Girls (we're getting so close to the end), chatted with Mum and 2 different friends, worked on my photos and my course, had an afternoon bath and read my book. It was another cold day, with alternating rain and sun. Late in the afternoon Amelie saw a rainbow that looked like it was in the vineyard, so we went chasing it. As we got closer it was consumed by the rain clouds to the east - disappointing to lose the rainbow but it was so beautiful out there. The sun was shining from just above the western horizon, and there were thick grey clouds to the east and south, and there were water droplets on all surfaces. The three kids and I hung out towards the front of the property for a good while, talking, laughing, climbing trees (well, the kids climbed, I took photos of them and of the vines and mountains). The big kids went in and Amelie showed me her favourite places to climb and explore.

We had beef stroganof for tea and watched The Princess and the Frog then all headed towards bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment