Sunday 9 August 2020

Lockdown 2.0, Day 32

I was enjoying being in a little news bubble (or maybe it's a no news bubble) - happily existing in our little family group and not being impacted by what was going on in the world beyond our driveway. I did see the numbers today when I was looking for something else (always dangerous to go near a news site if I don't want to see the news) - new cases below 400, but 17 deaths, so not good overall - but with no idea what the case numbers have been over the past few days, I was pleased to see that bit a tad lower. I'll keep up my news hiatus for a few more days and see how I'm feeling.

I slept really badly last night, so woke later than I'd planned. I'd wanted to go to Aldi at 8.30 and do an early morning shop - I left here after 9 and popped into Coles first, then the bakery, then did my main grocery shop at Aldi. It was pretty quiet and an enjoyable shop. Everyone was wearing masks, even the walkers I saw as I drove in and out of town. I was amazed at how much better I'm feeling this week than last - then I needed the girls to push the trolley and load and unload the groceries and I was still exhausted, today I was fine doing it all by myself. Back at home I worked in the yard for a while, chatted to Tony while I sorted our large pile of socks, then Amelie and I did some baking - she made snickerdoodles and I made waffles. I had a shower then a nap, then worked on my Facebook page for a while https://www.facebook.com/AnnieLouCreative/

I chatted to Tony's family on their Zoom call before going for a walk - I deliberately did not take my camera because I wanted to focus on walking and looking at the late afternoon sun - it was SO beautiful, the light was incredible - golden light with dark clouds to the north and east which created an amazing mood. (And I did wish I had my camera with me. I walked to the other side of the creek, I haven't done that for a few weeks and the trees over there have all grown a heap, the gap between trees and fence is much narrower than last time I was there. Luna loved all the smells, looks like there's been lots of animal activity over that side of the property (and we saw a fox).

Tone cooked a lamb roast for dinner - so delicious! We spent a bit of time trying to get my car started - I've been having battery problems and I ended up taking Tony's car to the shops this morning - it seems to be working ok now. We all watched Ninja Warrior together - 1st part of the Grand Final and a very exciting night to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment