Tuesday 18 November 2014

Performance Week

Things have been crazy here over the last week. Caitlin has had her dance concert and her first performance for Victorian Youth Theatre, and had 3 extra (evening) rehearsals last week. We're also trying to get ready to go away (we leave tomorrow) for our houseboat/my-brother's-wedding trip.

So a super quick summary before I forget - the dance concert went well, Caitlin danced beautifully and the whole concert was enjoyable to watch. We (Millie, Caitlin and I) went to the dance paschool's break up party at Ringwood Lake afterwards, the girls had fun feeding the ducks, hitting pinatas, playing pass the parcel and sack races. From there we went to party at a friend's house in Chum Creek, SO great to catch up with the hosts and lots of other people who we hadn't seen for ages. Home at midnight - so another late night!

Caitlin's performance last night was amazing - she delivered her lines clearly and with feeling (and got a laugh from the audience when appropriate) - and the whole production was incredible. I'm so excited that she's getting the opportunity to perform with a company like this. She performs again at the end of next week and I'm looking forward to going back and seeing her parts again plus an extra play of hers, and the other performances. And to sharing it with everyone else (Mil came with me last night, next week it's everyone plus Mum and Dad).

I'll blog about our trip to Sydney at travellingandexploringourworld.blogspot.com.au although I may not have a chance to write much while we are there - we are back on Sunday night so I'll catch it all up early next week if I don't get to it before then. And I might find some photos of Caitlin before her performances when I have a bit more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment